One Roof offers down payment and closing cost assistance to income eligible households purchasing within the Duluth city limits. The assistance comes in the form of a 0%, 30-year deferred loan, due on sale or refinance, or if the home ceases to be the owners primary residence. The amount of the assistance is determined by need on a case-by-case basis, starting at $500 with the potential to increase up to $2000.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Complete One Roof’s HUD approved Home Stretch homebuyer education class
- Have a total household income of not more than $53,750
- Have a signed and accepted purchase agreement at time of application
- Purchase property must be located within the Duluth city limits
- Be working with a mortgage lending program that allows for 3rd party non-profit assistance (No Contract-For-Deeds)
- Applicant is limited to 6 months PITI in cash assets after closing
In partnership with Essentia Health, One Roof coordinates the Homeowners Incentive Program (HHIP) program that assists employees of Essentia who purchase a home in selected neighborhoods with down payment and closing cost assistance.
To apply complete the online application here. *This form needs to be completed using a desktop computer. It does not currently work in a mobile format.
Please note: Applications for down payment assistance will not be accepted until applicant has entered into a purchase agreement.
For more information on our loan programs, please call: 218-727-5372.